The main online presence for Metro South Health had previously been as a sub-site of the Queensland Health website. With the focus of the organisation on increasing the profile of Metro South Health a new stand-alone website was required.
This new website needed to
- be user friendly and meet the needs of the consumers and numerous stakeholders
- be accessible to people with a wide range of a abilities and technologies
- provide content that is accurate, up to date and easily modified
- present a consistent and professional image for the health service.
The design and information architecture for this website needed to cater for the Corporate information as well as showcase the following hospitals, community centres and services
- Logan Hospital
- Beaudesert Hospital
- Princess Alexandra Hospital
- QEII Jubilee Hospital
- Redland Hospital
- Addiction and Mental Health Services
- Oral Health Services
- Maternity Services
Drupal provided a great base to start, with a great W3C standards compliance for accessibility requirements and a select collection of administrative modules to keep the web administrators and content authors happy.